Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day

I was out of town last weekend, the Memorial Day weekend, I was lost in thought for a while as I contemplated the sacrifice that our service men and women give. My grandfather is a WWII vet and my father is a Viet Nam vet. I was "unfit" for military service because of asthma, so I was not able to serve although I did enlist in the Marine Corps. I can not imagine what was going through my father and grandfather's heads when they were enlisting for the army during wartime.
I want to send out a very heartfelt thank you to all of the men and women serving in our armed forces, police, border patrol, firefighters, even the ambulance workers. Thank you for all that you do to give us the freedom, security, and safety that we too often take for granted.
Thank you!!!!

No comments: