Monday, April 14, 2008

Gun Toting, faith grabbing, illigal immigrant hating hayseed.

I guess that according to Obama, I fit the description above. I live in North Dakota, so I guess that I was who Obama was talking about when he described that person at a fund raiser with the super-rich in San Fransisco. Is Obama really that far off base with middle America? Obama says I climg to my guns and God because government does not do anything to help. I think that I may cling to my guns when government does come to help because of the destruction that government usually leaves behind, despite their intentions.
I was not going to vote for Obama to begin with, not because of his race, but because of his policies. I now do not think, as a result of statements like this and of his pastor for 20 years, that Obama has the country's best interests at hand. I do agree with him that we do need change, but I have a feeling that we would be polar opposites on exactly what changes we do need. I think that we need to change the wave of big government and selling out our sovereignty. We need to get away from government pacts like the UN and NATO. These only serve to take away our freedoms and liberties that are guaranteed by the Constitution.
What Obama fails to realize is that the mid-America that he trashes is what makes the country go. The majority of the food that feeds the nation comes from the "bread basket" of the nation. It is on the backs of the middle class, that Obama seems to hoist the middle finger at, that the United States became great. I can not believe that a candidate is seriously being considered with these views of the values the America were founded on.

No comments: