Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Twins Baseball

I grew up in Minneapolis and am a Twins fan. I'm not to encouraged by what I see this year. The bullpen has given up the last two game in the eighth inning to the Detroit Tigers. This was my saving grace this year. The bullpen was supposed to be one of if not the best in baseball. With the lack of run production, Hunter gone and Cuddyer on the DL, the bullpen has to hold a lead if they get one. Hernandez has looked good as a possible replacement for Santana but I don't think this will last.
The Twins are my last hope for my Minnesota sports scene. I don't want to talk about the Vikings of Timberwolves and nobody south of St Paul really care about hockey, so the Twins are it. Its a shame that Hunter left via free agency with nothing in return, but I think the foundation is still there. I guess that at least they are not returning any time soon to the mid to late 90s form, but I was hoping for a little more.

No comments: